A Christ-Centered and Classical Education
In all its levels, programs, and teaching, Cornerstone seeks to teach all subjects as parts of an integrated whole with Scripture at the center (II Timothy 3:16). Cornerstone Classical School assumes all students are created in the image of God, wonderfully and fearfully knit together, with their own academic strengths and weaknesses that will develop at different rates and reveal individual passions (Matthew 28:18-20, Matthew 19:13-15). Cornerstone places its trust in a true, good, and beautiful Creator who willingly sacrificed Himself for our sins.
In all its levels, programs, and teaching, Cornerstone seeks to:
Encourage all students to develop a love for learning and live up to their academic potential
Provide an orderly atmosphere conducive to attainment of Cornerstone’s goals
Emphasize in all subjects:
Grammar: The fundamental rules and particulars of each subject
Logic: The ordered relationships of particulars in a subject and between subjects
Rhetoric: How the grammar and logic of each subject may be clearly expressed and applied
Statement of Faith
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, only infallible, authoritative, and inerrant Word of God. (2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:21)
2. We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30)
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ (John 10:33),
His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:35),
His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15; 7:26), His miracles (John 2:11),
His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood
(1Corinthians15:3; Ephesians1:7; Hebrews 2:9),
His bodily resurrection (John 11:25; 1 Corinthians 15:4),
His ascension to the right hand of God (Mark 16:19), and in
His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11).
4. We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature; that men are justified only by faith in the shed blood of Christ; and that only by God’s grace and through faith alone are we saved. (John 3:16–19, 5:24; Romans 3:23, 5:8–9; Ephesians 2:8–10; Titus 3:5),
5. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; those who are saved receive eternal life and those who are lost receive eternal condemnation. (John 5:28–29),
6. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. (Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:12–13; Galatians 3:26–28),
7. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. (Romans 8:13–14; 1 Corinthians 3:16, 6:19–20; Ephesians 4:30, 5:18)
We are seeking teachers who value learning as a lifelong pursuit, wish to share their Christian faith within the context of a rich classroom environment, and are committed to fulfilling our mission of cultivating character, truth, and excellence in our students.
For more information, please view/download our school profile (pdf) or contact us at email@example.com or (785) 643-4460. To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.