Purpose “Be respectful. Be modest. Be diligent. Be clean.”
The intent of the Uniform Policy is to promote school unity, aesthetic beauty, and modesty and dignity in style while being distraction-free. The policy may not be inclusive of current styles or trends.
- 1. The uniform is prescribed according to the student’s grade and must be purchased through French Toast with the exception of pants and shorts which may be purchased through othervendors but must match the appearance of French Toast. Kindergarten through Grade Two girls may purchase the plaid jumper and light blue blouse from Parker Uniforms.
- All students Kindergarten through Grade Eight must be in proper uniform during school hours and arrive at school in uniform.
- Uniforms are to be kept clean and in good repair and must fit properly.
- Only plain undershirts with no visible writings or designs are permitted to be worn under the shirt. Ladies’ undershirts are not to be visible below the hem of the shirt.
- All skirts and jumpers must be no shorter than the middle of the knee. Girls are encouraged to wear navy shorts or navy, white, gray or black leggings under skirts. Jeans, capris, and pants are not allowed under uniform.
- Boys’ shirts should be tucked in at all times.
- Ties are to be tied neatly, at the proper length.
- Hats, caps, do-rags and sunglasses may not be worn in the school building unless as part of a class activity. Winter hats may be worn outside during recess.
- NO outerwear is permitted indoors during school hours, including coats, non-uniform sweaters, jackets and sweatshirts.
- No visible tattoos or writing on skin will be allowed while in school uniform.
- Any hair coloring must be of natural colors. Students may not have designs, words, or pictures cut into their hair.
- Grooming for Boys: Hair should be clean and neatly combed. Hair shall be worn above the eyebrows (we believe the eyes are important in the process of communication) and above the earlobes, and hair length shall be less than one inch below collar. No fad or trendy hairstyles including brightly colored hair and styles that cause a distraction.
- Nail polish must be a single, light color.
- Grooming for Girls: Hair styles should not be extreme, brightly colored or cause a distraction.
- Earrings are not allowed on boys.
- All clothing, outerwear, backpacks, lunch bags, and accessories must be free from popular culture references including references to musical artists, superheroes, movies, TV shows, etc.
- Shoes must be close-toed and close-healed. No sandals, flip-flops, house shoes, moccasins, or slippers.
- Winter boots are permitted when there is snow accumulation.